Direct Monitoring on FF800/N4.3/V64?

Hey folks,

For whatever reason I never bothered to use DM much. The one time I did was with an MR816x…and on one box it worked fine. What I’d like to do now is use it on my FF800. Ideally I’d like to have it work on all my interfaces.

My set up is that I’m using the FF800 as the FW connection to the DAW (main interface) - hence running totalmix. I’m bringing in a Steinberg 816x and an Onyx 800R via ADAT to the FF800. The Steinberg is the master clock. My main speaker output is the SPDIF out in the FF800 feeding a KRK ERGO.

Since there is no FW connection to 816x and the 800R, I’m guessing there’s no way to do DM to those. But I can’t even get it to work on the FF800. I see the input signal in the mixer, but the output doesn’t show up in TM.

Nuendo version 4.3, TM version 2.993, Vista Ultimate64, connecting to FF800 via FW400 cable.

Thanks for any help on this!

(The artist formerly known as Kittyhawk)

Got it going. I accidentally had the MS processor in TM on and I had to re-assign my outputs in Nuendo. Works fine now and yes across all 3 interfaces. All that matters is TM as it turns out.