Direct Monitoring

Hi Lars. I am having problems when using my new Apogee Duet 3 with Cubasis as the only way to monitor the input is to select the Blue speaker icon in Cubasis. I’ve not had to do this with previous audio interfaces as the input has been ‘live’ immediately. The down side to selecting the blue icon is that you get all the FX and it also adds latency which makes it impossible to record with headphones. Does Cubasis allow direct monitoring? When I checked the Apogee Duet 3 on the Mac with Logic Pro the input is live immediately without selecting anything and works perfectly.

Regards
Mike

Hi @mikeradcliffe7,

Thanks for your message.

Do you mean that it worked as expected before, when using a different hardware?
If so, it might help to check out the available routing options in Apogee’s Maestro iOS app?

Please let me know if this helps.

Best wishes,
Lars

Hi Lars

Yes it worked with different hardware without selecting the blue speaker icon. Apogee say they do not support Direct Monitoring on the iPad so could this be the problem?

Kind regards
Mike

Hi @mikeradcliffe7,

Thanks for your message.

I’d suggest to get in touch with our friends at Apogee to see if they can answer this. We’re at hand to have them equipped with a promo code for testing purposes, if required.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars