Direct Offline Processig- is it QDO (Quick Disc Occupation)?

Dear Steinberg,

I’ve just made some tests concerning behaviour of DOP

DOP- Auto Apply On

Example: Gain

Each movement of the fader: new clip in Edits folder.

Rejecting edits- clips are still there.

Now- the most interesting: Entering project History:

Undo- redo: EACH time the clips are multiplied!! To say- undoing and redoing 5 times one edit consisting of 5 clips (5 fader movements)- gives you 25 clips!

OK. You have the possibility to go back to any stage (but why the same clips are copied?..), so leaving the project cleans History and probably Edit folder as well… Not at all! You still have all the trash in Edit folder!!

Does it mean I still have access to all my old edits? Absolutely no! Not even a trace of my previous creation except of gigabytes of trash on HD!

Well, let’s see what happens when I manually clean up Edits folder (I know- I shouldn’t do it in this way) …wow- killing all the insects :wink:

Re-opening my precious project then- Oh My God! Where is audio of edited clips??? Where is Offline Processing History?? Nightmare!! Everything lost! Just empty clips!!! Thanks God- it was only testing project :slight_smile:

What is more interesting- importing the source clip manually from HD gives you also only empty clips. You have to first remove “distroyed” events from pool.

The other features that doesn’t work:

Discard- doesn’t work.

Extend/Tail- doesn’t work.

RX Spectral Repair: doesn’t work at all

Dear Steinberg, please, leave the option of old Offline processing. With some plugins (like RX Spectral Repair) it’s impossible for new one to work properly.

Discard is for undoing changes that haven’t been applied yet. This is working as expected.

Tails are half broken. You have to pick the tail length before picking a new effect.

How are you using RX Spectral Repair that’s preventing it from working?

Discard is for undoing changes that haven’t been applied yet. This is working as expected.
Yes, you are right. So, applied changes are only possible by main Undo. Am I right?

Tails are half broken. You have to pick the tail length before picking a new effect.
OK… Before a new effect- 50 ms on both sides (for testing-to be sure)- apply- play- CLICKS! No crossfades…

How are you using RX Spectral Repair that’s preventing it from working?
Until Cubase 9:

Double clicking an event (not too long one- if long- splitting it) -Audio Editor-Selecting range-Spectral Repair-Capture-Preview (now I get the RX Editor window)- if done-Process

As you see- this is not a real-time plugin but works perfectly with old Offline Process.

Cubase 9,5:

The same chain until “Capture”. Then- there is no “Preview” button- only “Play”, but it doesn’t show RX Editor. Clicking Editor brings empty window where you cannot do anything.