Direct Tap Tempo Key Command

Tap Tempo works in Cubase … but why, oh, why is it hidden inside the Beat Calculator???

If I have an idea in my head, a guitar in my hands and I’m ready to go I need a way to change the tempo NOW!
I don’t want to goof around with opening dialog boxes, clicking and tapping and closing and all that jazz.

I’d like to be able to choose a key of my choice that’s “hard wired” to the Tempo input box on the Transport panel.
Hit the key 4 times and that’s the tempo!

1 Like

Would make sense, wouldn’t it?

I know this doesn’t help your current issue, but I have the CMC-TP controller and there’s a tap tempo mode on it, selectable with one tap of the mode selector on the slider (while holding shift). I can’t even express how much I prefer the CMC-TP (I also have the CH, FD and QC) to using the mouse and keyboard. It makes my workflow so much quicker and more intuitive. Transport, set locate points, drop markers, locate, scrub. I would never want to work without it again.

I have shift+B set to the beat calculator specifically so I can bring it up fast when I need it.

Yeah, I’ve had that set to since the Beat Calculator showed up in Cubase too.
But it’s such a M$ Office 2003 thing to have in a program like Cubase in 2016, isn’t it?

+1

Yeah, having it on the transport panel next to the tempo reading would definitely make sense.

+1

Wow. A free app in my iPhone has a tap tempo button. God! But thanks for your help anyway. I couldn’t find it

This has been a gripe of mine for YEARS. I just want to press one button or choose to tap my midi pedal in order to get a tap tempo. I prefer cubase to logic… But soooo many things in Logic are very very well thought out and I do not find that true for cubase. This tap tempo is just one extra verification of my feelings about Cubase. I think people do not really sit down and analyze the software and say how can we make each area better??? If I was running it, that would be my goal. Make every tool we have now, the best that it can possibly be. Period.

1 Like

I have searched the forum to avoid double posting or spamming and the post I found was written by … me! :rofl:
Yeah, it’s old but the issue is still relevant. So …

I’d happily offer my [T] key command for a greater cause. Like tap tempo right there on my keyboard. Dirt simple to implement and no R&D. C’mon, you can do it! :grinning:

1 Like

Amazing, this does not seem possible right? No key command or midi learn function to up/down the tempo, no ‘knob’ to assign to the tempo of Cubase correct? Steinbergs IC Pro remote let’s you access the tempo, but it won’t let you dial in any and sets it correctly.

Trying to configure a Icon Qcon Pro X to my taste but this is dearly missing. Beat Calculator → Tap Tempo is not the same as you need to grab the mouse for this or hit space bar.

Push2 has this elegantly solved in Ableton… Steinberg my love, can you please make tempo up / tempo down a key command / midi learn function… please?