Disable input on imported tracks?

Hi

Is there some way to have the input automatically set as NONE for tracks imported to Cubase?

Reason:
I use “tape machine style” monitoring, and it’s easy to forget to disable that when exporting a song.
And when importing tracks, I almost never need to record anything more on those tracks.
So it would be nice to just disable input (turn off monitor/record ability) for imported tracks, as default.

Hope you know what I mean

Hi,

No, you can’t do this. As a workaround, add one more Input bus. Set its Device Port to Not Connected. Then Right-click to the Bus Name and enable this Bus as the Default Input Bus.

Thanks.
It’s just for a period of mix/mastering (so a lot of importing of tracks).
So I realized it’s probably best to just make a template with pre-added tracks without inputs, but with all the settings I need every time.
Normally I always need input on all tracks, but not for this

I use “tape machine style” monitoring, and it’s easy to forget to disable that when exporting a song.

Why you need to disable it?
If you export a project it is in play mode, so all tracks are playing normal.

https://steinberg.help/cubase_pro/v10.5/en/cubase_nuendo/topics/preferences/preferences_vst_r.html?hl=tape%2Cstyle

Not quite.
Exporting non-realtime: Project is in record mode - input monitor is enabled for record enabled tracks
Exporting realtime: Project is in playback mode - input monitor is not enabled for record enabled tracks

why should I export with record enabled tracks?

You shouldn’t. But I guess it’s easy to miss un-arming the tracks and keeping sure they don’t monitor

Uncheck this option.
Preferences>Editing>Project & MixConsole>Enable Record on Selected Audio Track

Thank you!
The preset option I’m using now is fine. But it’s nice to know for the future