Disable mouse fader movement in the mix console

Actually, shift+scroll works perfectly for me in both the Arrange and the Mixer.
In the Mixer however shift+scroll only works in the fader area, which is ok, but I don’t really see why it doesn’t work everywhere.

Alas, that clumsy workaround only works in the mix console window, not in the lower zone mix console. See details here: How to horizontal scroll lower zone mix console? - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

The simple fact is this: every DAW on the planet except one has simple/logical/rational/friendly mix console scrolling. Horizontal mouse scroll should always scroll the window horizontally. Cubase sticks out like a sore thumb in this regard. It’s preposterous that customers have to beg Steinberg to fix such a basic flaw in Cubase.

Nope, also Reaper has a kind of unconventional scroll behaviour in the mixer (way to fast) and on top of that you cant customize/reverse it unlike everything else in that DAW. But at least you can turn off fader movement by the mousewheel :smiley:

Almost all DAWs, including Reaper, either respond to the mouse wheel or the horizontal mouse wheel (shift-mouse wheel) to scroll the mixer. Cubase stands out as an exception by failing to implement this correct behavior. In fact, Cubase responds to horizontal mouse wheel to scroll other windows. It’s only the mixer, especially the lower zone mixer, where this is not working properly in Cubase.

I have a Logitech mouse and horisontal scroll never worked for me at all in Studio One, neither in the arrange or mixer.
I guess there’s simply too many combinations of hardware/software for it to work all the time for everyone.

Hello ! i’m currently demoing Nuendo 10 and this scorlling thing is THE point that makes me double think about purchasing it. It MAKES ME CRAZY. This definitly should be a customizable feature because it is so anoying for so many of us. Scrolling up and down should scroll up and down the window like in all other environnements. Please make this feature optional :slight_smile:

just found out: scrolling with an Apple trackpad actually works in the standalone mixer (f3). Please implement this into the lower zone mixer.

I use the lower zone mixer 99 % of the time :slight_smile:

Please Steinberg, enable some kind of more efficient mixer scrolling. I find myself scrolling and then accidentally moving a fader because my mouse raised a tiny bit, SO FRUSTRATING!

+1

+1 !!! This is propably the most frustrating disadvantage when it comes to workflow in cubase for me.
You have to aim very small, selective places with your mouse to scroll normally. Any kind of improving it would be time and nerves saver.

+1

For those who want to keep it, it would be good to be able to set its sensitivity - i.e. ‘no value change’ (off), ‘x% change’ (tiny increment)… with some higher% changes in value, At the moment the value increments with mouse wheel are often too large.

+1

Changing parameters should be done with a modifier key.

Also, consistency. In the project window, scrolling with the mousewheel only goes up-down. It doesn’t change event gain, it doesn’t transpose if your cursor is over something. It should be the same in the mixconsole. In the lower zone, the faders that is, it should scroll left-right, and the upper zone, racks etc., up-down. IF we wanted to change a value with the mouse-wheel it should need a modifier key.

+1

+1

Same here.
+1

Again, THIS IS A MUST!

Please address this in 11!

1 Like

I fully disagree! Steinberg, before you change the mouse scroll behavior, I need a new feature that I don’t know yet but it’s very important for me.

1 Like

+1