Disable Read/Write all on instrument automation

I was wondering if there was a way to disable read/write all when clicking the buttons on individual automation lanes.

For example, I would like to disable read mode on just one automation lane and keep others with the read status. This is because i’m not sure about the automation and would like to audition the song with a constant value on that automated parameter, temporarily. I don’t want to disable read mode on all of the separate automation for that instrument channel.

I remember in Cubase 5 I could change this in the application settings, but there is no option (at least I can’t find one) in Nuendo 10. Only Read/Write all which is useless in this instance. Perhaps there’s a key-click combination when clicking on the button that i’m not aware of.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

mmm… shouldn’t “Preview” do what you need? If you select “Preview” and the desired “Fill” parameter(s) then you should get all parameters to read except for the one you touch and change. Then if you want to use that new value you simply “Punch” your preview. And if you don’t want to use that value just turn “Preview” off and it should return to the previously automated value…

I think.

For example, I would like to disable read mode on just one automation lane and keep others with the read status. This is because i’m not sure about the automation and would like to audition the song with a constant value on that automated parameter, temporarily. I don’t want to disable read mode on all of the separate automation for that instrument channel.

When I want to experiment with different values on a parameter that has been automated (e.g. volume, or an EQ band) I open up its automation-lane and press “mute automation” on this particular track which actually suspends (mutes) this particular parameter only and allows you to freely use different values.

Is this what you want to achieve?

otherwise…

shouldn’t “Preview” do what you need? If you select “Preview” and the desired “Fill” parameter(s) then you should get all parameters to read except for the one you touch and change

…is the way to experiment with different values for the parameters which have been automated already.

Niek/ Amsterdam

Thanks for the responses guys. Both methods work fine.

However, I think the mute function will suffice in most cases.

Gosh there’s just so much to learn with this program. I’ll never stop learning!! I should spend a week just going through the manual. A serious commitment though :open_mouth:

Cheers

I recommend creating a macro or key command when you do this as it may speed things up.