disable rewire / sibelius

Hi Guys,

Is there an easy way to completely disable rewire?
Whenever I start Sibelius after Nuendo has started, it will run in rewire mode, meaning that if I press Play in either Nuendo or Sibelius, the other one will start playing too.
I can’t even begin to describe how annoying that is.

Though Avid states that I should just start Sibelius before Nuendo, I’m not happy with that workflow as reloading my sessions on Nuendo can take a long time, esp. if I just need to quickly check a line in Sibelius…

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Joe

Hello,

if you don’t want to use ReWire at all you can delete, move or rename the ReWire dll.

On Windows, it is located here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Propellerhead Software. The root folder is “Program Files (x86)” for 32-bit applications on a 64-bit OS.

Kind regards,

Hello, I’ve been trawling various forums to try to find a way to permanently disable “Rewire” in Sibelius. One suggested solution involved deleting the Rewire folder from the Propellorhead folder, but this results in the transport panel in Sibelius not working at all. Is there any way of getting rid of this extremely annoying little feature? (I appreciate why it’s there and what the point of it is, I just don’t need it and think that if it’s interfering with another program - in this case Cubase - there must be a way to disable it?) It’s not particularly helpful to have to remember to start one program before another, there must be a way around it… any takers? Many thanks, MD

Did you read the post above yours?