Disable Zooming Out when pressing CMD

On my Macbook I use the Cmd+trackpad to zoom in my projects, but how do I disable the zooming out when I press only the “CMD” Button when I scrolled all to the left of the project?

Hi,

Sorry, I don’t understand where the problem is. Could you please make a video screen recording?

Sure :
ezgif-7-0324e35f3f61

You can see at Bar 13 the zoom works perfect, but when I scroll to the left of the project (Bar 1) and press only CMD, without even using my trackpad it immediatley zooms out which is quite annoying for me

Hi,

I see, now I understand. When you scroll to the left, the scrolling is still continuing, even if you release your fingers. It’s the “rolling” effect. But then you hold down Cmd, so Cubase understands it as Cmd + scroll, so it starts to Zoom.

The only solution I can imagine is to switch off this “rolling” effect on Mac, if this is possible.

1 Like

Ah yeah, thats the issue, thanks!
Disabling the scroll wheel accleration does the trick, but unfortunately it makes scrolling and zooming even harder so I would like to let it enabled.
In Ableton Live it’s possible to scroll with just moving your fingers on the trackpad (pulling fingers apart and together) without using the CMD-button… Is this maybe somehow possible in Cubase?

The reason why this isnt happening in Ableton Live is that it’s only possible to zoom when pressing CMD+scrolling up/downwards but not CMD+scrolling sideways… Is it possible to disable the CMD+Scroll sideways funktion to zoom in and out?

Hi,

Unfortunately, in Cubase, you cannot zoom by using the pinch gesture.

1 Like