Disabling slash-regions temporarily

Sometimes I want to edit some notes that are lying under a slash-region (e.g. chords or a solo).
Is there a quick way of showing, what is underneath a slash region for that purpose and enabling the slash region afterwards?
If not, that would be a feature request :slight_smile:

You can switch on ā€˜Show other voicesā€™ in the Properties panel, but of course the slashes themselves will still appear.

Iā€™d also appreciate functionality that made editing the voices ā€œunderā€ the slash regions easier. Itā€™s doable now, but cumbersome. At times when Iā€™m, say, copying and pasting whole bars of a drum part, Iā€™ve found itā€™s often most efficient to just temporarily delete the slash region, make my edits, then create the slash region again. Not ideal.

Or you could edit the music on another staff (a scratch staff if necessary) and copy it in.

Or leave the music notes on the staff separate from the slashes and manually hide the notes staff. Subsequent note editing could still take place in Galley view.

Yup, these are other possible workarounds. What Iā€™d really love, though, is nothing more than the simple ability to quickly show/hide slash regions, or to be able to ā€œlockā€ them so I could more easily manipulate the other voices without constantly deselecting slashes.

While weā€™re at it (and on a longer time horizon), intelligent playback functionality would be incredibleā€”drums would keep playing the beat, bass line would keep walking in a similar style, guitars would keep comping along with chord changes, etc.

1 Like