Disappearing slurs and dynamics in condensing

I have a 4th horn part where the slurs and dynamics disappeared when condensed. It’s the only horn playing, so there’s no real ‘condensing.’ I had previously set the fourth horn as an up-stem voice in a condensing change. Changing it to a down-stem voice fixed the problem with the disappearing slurs and dynamics.

Just thought I’d mention it, in case others have the same problem.

When it comes to condensing, it’s most helpful if you’re able to share a project file that demonstrates the issue, as so many of the results are very context-specific and therefore can’t be imagined based solely on a text description. Thanks!

Sure, sorry I wasn’t able to cut it down more, due to time pressure. The problem shows up in the 4th horn at rehearsal 2. Changing the horn to a down-stem voice in the condensing change fixes it.
4th-horn.dorico (1.2 MB)

Thanks for sharing @sdb2 – yes, simply resetting your manual condensing for the horns at the start of that system works as well, although then your clefs don’t behave as nicely (because the first instrument on a condensed staff determines the clef, and the third horn here has a treble clef).

Hopefully one of my colleagues who knows more about what’s going on behind the scenes will be able to take a look at some point.

1 Like

Sure. Well, I’m happy with it as it looks now. I was sharing this in case anyone else had similar issues.

Thanks for taking the time to look at it.

Same issue here…very dangerous in my opinion. I don’t want to worry about disappearing slurs or dynamics when being in the layout phase…

This is actually turning into a huge issue for a project I’m working on now. I can’t get the slurs to appear and if I reset at the beginning of the stave it doesn’t do the condensing solution I need…

Without a (cut-down) Dorico project file demonstrating the problem, there is not a lot we can do to help.