Disappointed that we cannot Mute track by name if it is not visible in Project Window

This is for the case of muting/unmuting my VCA tracks, which I don’t really want to see in the project window as I have them in a dedicated mix console window.

But PLE commands muting/unmuting by their name will not work unless they are made visible in the project window.

A bit inconvenient.

I thought PLE had reach in the mix console windows too.

Hi,

Do you want to Mute or Hide them?

Use:

Filter Target
( media Type Is | Equal | VCA | And
... )

This way, you can reach the VCAs in the Project Logical Editor.

1 Like

Ah that’s what did it. I was trying to locate it with ‘container type = track’ which looks like is restricted to the project area.

Thank you!!

Hi,

Container type is something different than the Media Type. I would keep the Container Type Is |Equal | Track condition. By Container you can distinguish a track, event, part. Not a bad idea to make the filter robust.

I just changed all of them.

I don’t see the benefit of including Container Type here because what else can ‘Media Type: VCA’ refer to other than VCA ‘tracks’?

Hi,

If you don’t set the Media Type is Equal Track, Cubase would iterate also over other VCA objects, like the VCA Events.

VCA events? Are those volume automation nodes?

Hi,

You are right. If I make this:

Filter Target
( Media Type is | Equal | VCA | And
Container Type is | Equal | Event )

Action Target

Function
Select

The VCA nodes/events don’t become selected. I would expect them to become selected.

Filter Target
( Media Type is | Equal | Automation | And
Container Type is | Equal | Event )

Action Target

Function
Select

This selects the VCA nodes/events.

Anyway, I’m still of the opinion to try to write the condition as clear and robust as possible. :wink:

1 Like

I agree with you.
It’s just a question of whether it’s worth updating 12 PLE presets (for 12 different VCA tables) right now to add the container track type, or not.

I will probably do it soon, after I’ve reset my mind about this.

Thanks

1 Like