Disappointed with cubase 13

I’m so disappointed with cubase 13, the latest update for mac but still doesn’t fix the errors, it’s really bad compared to cubase 12.

Hi,

I’m sorry for your disappointment.

What kind of errors are you talking about, please?

some vst after updating, causing cubase 13 to crash, but cubase 12 not, exporting audio when working outside cubase causes cubase to crash, but I will return after updating my Mac OS I, if everything is ok, I will let you know, however, the interface and features of the .30 update are very good and I very much appreciate it.

Hi,

Attach the *.ips/dmp file(s), please. Add the note, about what you did before Cubase crashed, please.

There were some fixes in this area in Cubase 13. 0.30. Make sure, you have the latest update installed, please. Attach the *.ips/dmp file(s), please. Add the note, about what you did before Cubase crashed, please.

Mac: macOS Console utility > Crash Reports (or ~user/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports).
Win: %userprofile%/Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps

I can confirm what Bao_Le says about export audio crashes in 13.0.30. From the moment the audio export start, and you do something else on Mac, for example program Notes, it creates 2 extra -01.wav files and then it crashes at the end of the export. Same as the previous versions of Cubase 13. :frowning:
Mac M1 on MacOS 14.4

Cubase 13-2024-03-25-210946.ips (72.3 KB)
here

I just updated my mac os to ventura 13.6.5, everything works fine, but this error is really annoying because everyone has different preferences about the operating system version, hopefully they will tweak it to Compatible with all

Hi,

This crash happens in the:
RevoiceProLinkLegacy

yep, but it doesn’t happen on cubase and nuendo 12, and previous versions as well

Hi,

But the crash is in the 3rd party software, not in Cubase.

I mean, i was using it fine until the 13.0.30 update, if you think it’s from a 3rd party then i don’t know how to argue anymore, i use cubase for a long long time, but with cubase 13 I often encounter problems like that

1 Like

Here are 2 crashes of today, one during an export and one by opening a cubase project

Cubase 13-2024-03-25-154814.ips (1.1 MB)
Cubase 13-2024-03-25-150539.ips (836.0 KB)

Hi,

I don’t know, which crash belongs to the Export and which one to the Cubase project opening. But one of them crashes is in the:
ViennaSynchronPianos

Hi Martin, the other one, without ViennaSynchronPianos, is the 1 during the export audio. Do you see there something abnormal ?
Just wondering, do you also work on Mac?
If so, can you replicate it by exporting a track to audio (without export queue) and then options from the screenshot? From the moment that the export start, open some other programs on the Mac and you will see that there will be extra files created in the Mixdown directories ending on -01.wav.
At the end of the export, cubase 13.0.30 crashes.

The VSP was by opening a cubase project.

1 Like

Hi,

There seems to be a problem with any kind of string. How did you name the file, please?

Reported to Steinberg. Thank you.

Try the non-legacy Revoice Pro link to see if it reduces the # of crashes

Hi,

Cubase 13.0.40 with the fix has been released.

That’s great news ! Thank you :pray:

Hi Martin, I just tested it and can confirm it works :slight_smile: Thank you

2 Likes