Disc Image Feature Request (PG)

I think ISO is similar to DDP but not as widely used. I believe that Toast (Mac) and Nero (Windows) can use them…seems more for consumer use than professional use.

That Wikipedia entry states quite clearly what PG is getting at I think: take a look at the section entitled ‘Limitations’. Not at all useful for Audio CDs.

@Sonik: I have used (but did not enjoy) the program that you are referring to and my impression was that the ISO thing was an archiving function. It did not appear to be disk at once. It did not create anything ‘playable’ … this was done through another menu which also created the industry standard DDP. Perhaps I was doing something wrong.

I make the observation that distributable DDP players are readily available and quite inexpensive for the commercial convenience they provide.

Yes, that’s right. And that’s the idea.

I know it’s not for best way for the plant replication. But it’s a good way to send it to the client to approve . Cause everybody has Nero or Toast to burn CD’s…

I know that I can to it on another way like to burn it as Audio CD and the rip off with Nero to .nrg or to Toast as .iso…

isn’t ISO is a CD Rom image for Files,folders,etc ?. . Not a Redbook audio CD.
Your best bet would be Cue/Wav or DDP. There are a couple free Cue burning apps for Mac and PC out there.
OSX-LiquidCD WIN-Imgburn (I would really test these out before sending out to clients and would not use for replication)
Don’t forget to remove the path from the Cue like PG mentioned above…
And of course Sonoris DDP OEM which burns DDP and CUE on both Mac and PC but it’s commercial.