Disconnecting wired headphones with aggregate output device kills sound output

I have a recent Macbook with an aggregate Audio Device:

For Dorico I’ve configured a device “Wims speakers”, to ensure that I always have sound output from Dorico.
(more info on Apple aggregate device here)

My bluetooth WH-1000XM4 headphones are first in line, so by default I hear Dorico sound through these when they are connected to my laptop.
When I disconnect my bluetooth WH-1000XM4 headphones during a Dorico session, the Dorico sound is played back through my wired headphones (i.e. External headphones), the second in line. This is as expected.

However, when I use my bluetooth WH-1000XM4 headphones during a session (and hear Dorico sound through them), then fysically unplug my external headphones (e.g. because I don’t need them), the Dorico sound is suddenly gone (i.e. even though my bluetooth still connected)
When I close/restart Dorico I hear again sound through my bluetooth headphones.

Is this a “Dorico feature”? Or is this a kind of bug?

Hi, could you please induce the fault case again, where you unplug the wired headphones and where the audio stops? When you did, please choose from Dorico’s menu Help > Create Diagnostics Report and post the corresponding zip file here. Thanks

hi @Ulf since the diagnostic file contains private information I have sent it to you by private message.

Note that I couldn’t reproduce exactly the same scenario, but another one where plugging in the wired headphones during bluetooth playback killed the sound output.

Thanks a lot @Ulf for your time and patience to address this “issue”.

In summary (for other forum users):

A change in the connection status of a device in an aggregate device on Mac (e.g. headphones (un)plugged) is not sufficient to change the sound output in Dorico.

Also in Dorico => Edit => Device Setup the user needs to define what output channel to use by making a selection in Asio driver and/or stereo output: