Display Lag

I have an issue when I’m zoomed in on an audio clip while audio is playing and follow project position is on.
If I move my mouse around, the cursor lags which can really disrupt editing especially when I’m trying to find a specific piece in a clip I need to edit.

Are there any changes I should be making in Cubase preferences or in my System/Graphics/Display settings

My specs are:

Intel Core i5 CPU @ 3.30 ghz 3.60 ghz
8 GB RAM (3.49 GB usable)
NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT (2 Monitors)
Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit
Cubase 5.5.3

Thanks

Could be the video card driver. Could be a memory thing also. What’s the RAM usage of the project? Same behavior with a new project with say just one audio track?

Thanks for your reply

The RAM usage is 1.05 GB and with just a single track session it doesn’t happen and the RAM usage goes down to approx 880 MB

My Processor Scheduling is set to Background Services and the total paging file size for all drives is 3575 MB.

Can you suggest anything?

What does Windows report as available RAM? Check IRQ’s to make sure the video card and soundcard aren’t sharing.

Windows say 3.49 GB usable RAM

I’m a little usure on how to read the IRQ’s but this is what I found:

(PCI) 0X00000010 (16) 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller (Legacy)
(PCI) 0X00000010 (16) NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT
(PCI) 0X00000013 (19) 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller (Legacy)

My MOTU 828 mkII is plugged in to one of these Firewire cards.
I have a Tascam FW 1884 plugged in to the other but I only use it as a control surface the MOTU is my ‘‘soundcard’’
I’m not sure which is which nor how to determine.
There is other hardware that shares the (PCI) 0X00000010 (16) but again I’m unsure what any of this means.

Thanks again

It appears your FW card and Video card are sharing IRQ’s. Try removing the FW card and firing up the system then shutting down and replacing the FW card. Any available PCI slots to move one of the cards to?

I actually don’t have a free slot so I couldn’t move a card, but I did take out a FW card, shut down then replace and restart but no change.

Is there a way to assign IRQ’s within windows or in the BIOS?

Thanks again for your help

If that’s really the order you did things, it’s wrong. You should have re-started after removing the card, shut down and then replace and re-start.

No way to manually assign IRQ’s.