Display Presets for Folders

I find I am constantly having to open and close folders to work on different stems. It would be great to have a function that allows for display presets that can be saved and recalled by macro.

Eg, one saved preset that opens the dialogue folder and closes the music, fx, foley, ambience folders/sub-folders. Another preset that opens the music folder and sub-folders and closes the other folders and their sub-folders etc and any config you can think of in-between.

It would be a bonus if one could specify what tracks are diplayed when the preset is recalled and it would be nice to choose whether the zoom status is recalled or not with each recall.

I don’t think it would need to have this function jump to a time location as we already have that, it would just be nice to have a track display config recall function.

You can use the PLE to do this and trigger with key commands.

I will try to include some methods in my Livestream this Monday.

Quick example. Save one for each folder name. Trigger with KC or even with another PLE preset.

1 Like

Ah great!! Thanks Phil!!!

1 Like

That was just a quick one, but there may be a better way to do this. :slight_smile:

Yeah, having a look at it now, it does look a bit fiddly to set up but it is probably able to do what I want to some degree. I haven’t been a user of the PLE before.

I haven’t been able to find another way to do this yet so thanks for your help!

Just have an experiment.

Maybe just make two to start with, one for Dialogue folders and one for Foley folders.

Don’t forget to save your presets with a clear name and then assign to a key command later. See if it works for you.

I will for sure. I also use lots and lots of subfolders too. FX may be split into mono, stereo, 4ch 5.0, 5.1 domestic, MnE etc so it will be interesting to see how it works with all of them too.

1 Like

Once you get into it you’ll find it very powerful but be careful you will also become addicted. :slight_smile:

hahaha, I feel like you know me! I love a rabbit hole and this one sounds like fun!!

1 Like

Just been playing around with this, it’s life changing! THANKS!! :grinning:

2 Likes