displaying flow title in galley view?

hi there – this is a curious question and I’m not sure if it can be done –
is there a way to display the flow title in Galley view?

This would be very helpful to me. I’m working with an arrangement of something which has several different versions of the same thing, with subtle differences in different flows. I have no way to be 100% sure which flow I’m in – .

Could it perhaps be displayed at the bottom status bar next to “Bar” and “Note” information – or on top between mode info (“Write”) and the Layout Name (“Full Score”)?

thanks!

There’s no way to show it in the score display, but the name of the currently active flow is shown in the title bar at the top of the window, at least.

Daniel thank you but I’m not sure how you mean.
I’m working on a full orchestral score in Write mode in Galley view… I don’t see the active flow title anywhere on top – what am I missing?

Thank you!

Perhaps you’re in full screen mode so you don’t see the window title bar, which has the close and maximise buttons on it?

oh == up there! i see it now - that’s helpful, thank you!
I wonder if there’s a way to maximise without losing that title bar?
Or is it just a matter of stretching the corner to the edge of the screen?

Yes, you should be able to just maximise the window rather than put it in full screen mode.

It’s here, on Windows. I guess Macs have something similar.

Edit - too late to be useful, but for some reason the forum locked up for 5 minutes when I hit “submit.”
Flow name.png

found it - thank you, gents!

Another way around this, if you aren’t already aware of this, is to create different score layouts for each flow.

that sounds like an extra step, no? with 30+ layouts to deal with on an orchestral piece I feel full already - but I’ll keep it in mind, thank you!

I’m using these layouts only as a working space to make navigating the flow easier. With all flows visible it can be a bit tricky to know exactly which flow you have in front of you after making a big jump in the score.
When printing/publishing the score I use a layout containing all flows.

I set up a “focus” layout where I only include the flow(s) that I’m actively working on. Usually one at a time, sometimes two.

I tend to Cmd(Car) G and reselect to make sure I’m where I think I am. I’d love a continuous header on the score itself showing the flow and flow number.

There seems to be space for it in the top toolbar, between the “Mode” and the “Layout” picker… or on the bottom with the note and bar data…