Dissolve MIDI question

I’ve been going through the video tutorials for Cubase 7 where it shows the dissolving of a MIDI drum track into it’s separate pitches. When the separation occurs each of the tracks is separately mixable via their own faders which are normal faders not MIDI faders. (excuse me if the terminology is not correct)

The only difference I can see is that the tutorial started with a single MIDI track whereas mine was made up of separate sections placed on the same track from Beat Designer and then merged into one complete section track.

Near as I can see I’ve followed the tutorial but can only seem to get tracks that have a MIDI velocity fader rather than a gain fader. The only way I can adjust the volume is via the GAOne 1 slider and that affects all the separated MIDI tracks.
Any clues?

Sounds like the tutorial was using Instrument Tracks, not MIDI Tracks.

Good call ETB. It does seem the Drum track in the earlier tutorial which was created as a MIDI track has now become an instrument track in the later tutorial. Unfortunately as I don’t know how, and importantly why and therefore what connections if any need to be made, I can’t seem to get it to work.

Help please!

Problem solved, thanks to Alex from Yamaha Australia who had a much better approach than what the tutorial showed.

Brilliant!