Dissolve Part Greyed Out

I am very new to Cubase (two weeks) and I’m playing with midi files. I have made some progress by watching lots of videos but I am stuck. I’m sure I need to use Dissolve Part(s) but I can’t because it is greyed out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

Make sure you have selected MIDI Part in the Project/Arranger area and make sure the focus (while frame) is in the Project/Arranger area.

Hi Martin, Thanks so much for responding to my plea. I’m not entirely sure I know what you mean. I tried a few things with no success. I’ve attached a screen shot of what I’m working on. I would be grateful if you could have a look and put me out of my “rookie” misery. Cheers, Gary

Dissolve parts (from the MIDI menu) is for (MIDI) parts, what you have is an audio event.

Hi, I have just realised my error. Could you please have a look at my latest post “add instrument to midi track”? I have added a screen shot of where I am up to. Cheers, Gary

Hi,

I’m glad it works for you now. Btw here is the thread you mentioned (in case someone would find this).