distance from articulation to l.v. tie

Hi there,

Sorry if this is an obvious question, but anytime I add an articulation to a note that has a “laissez vibrer” tie, they always look a bit too close together for my liking.

articulation-and-tie.png
I know there are ways to vertically move the endpoints of ties, but it’s not the tie’s position I want to change, it’s the articulation’s.

I’ve noticed that there’s an option to add a vertical offset to articulations in Engrave mode on a case-by-case basis, but is there any global way to increase the collision spacing between ties and articulations so it doesn’t have to be done manually?

Thanks!

I think you might have adjusted the engraving options for articulations. Your gaps are quite a bit smaller than the defaults, I think. You might try creating a new project and clicking the ‘Reset to Factory’ button in Engraving Options to experiment with the default settings and see which changes you’ve made in your own project that are causing the articulations to be closer.

Thanks, Daniel – the factory settings definitely look fine. Something’s off in the engrave settings for my template, so I guess it will be trial and error to get it back to normal. I don’t suppose there’s any way of comparing settings from one file to another other than switching back and forth between documents (and reloading the sounds each time)?

Thanks again!

Not at the moment, unfortunately, though this is definitely something we want to make possible as part of the planned work to allow you to more easily migrate library items and settings between projects.

That sounds like a great feature - looking forward to it! Thanks Daniel.