Divide Track List into 3 Views

HI,

I use the two views of “Divide Track List” extensively for multiple tracks inside both views. It would be cool to have another (3rd) Divide Track List view where I can put markers, tempo map etc. on the top in order to stay there when I scroll around in the other views.

Anybody needs this too ??

Thanks,
lokotus

I’ve never needed more than one horizontal division. I do put all the markers, tempo map etc. like you suggest. What do you use your 2 sections for now if you currently don’t put markers up there? Just the ability to see different Tracks? I can see how that would be useful.

However I have long wanted a vertical divide so I can zoom in to both the beginning and end of a Project at the same time.

Awhile back I realized that a more generalized option would be if several Project Windows (for the same Project) could be open at the same time - each showing different portions of the Project.

1 Like

Now that is an ace idea!
I do this a lot with excel spreadsheets when doing my accounts.

2 Likes

+1 on this.

I was looking for a feature to divide track list and have each “track divisions/sections” on 2 different screens, which would allow such a more efficient workflow that scrolling through hundreds of tracks on top and bottom section within the very limited height of each section when all on the same screen.

I love the divide track lists option, as I use it for example to separate all vocal tracks from the instrumental tracks in mixing projects. But honestly, it is a huge pain to try and scroll through each track list and try to find what you are looking for, as the height of each list is so limited that it is very unplaisant and hard to work with.

Even better than having 2 track list divisions each being in its own “window” and synched to the project, would be to indeed have any number of “track lists”, or independent “Project Sub-windows” that you could arrange as you wish, simply dragging and dropping tracks from one sub-window to the other, and placing such sub-windows independtly from other windows, such that you could split your screens as you wish and set your project layout as you so wish.

This would be such an added value, and would enhance workflow in all project types greatly.

Strongly recommend this feature.