Divider track

Good evening everyone, I congratulate all the Steinberg staff for the new Cubase, in this regard I wanted to bring to your kind attention the possibility of including these features in the new Cubase update. Since I always use the track divider in my way of working, I wanted to ask if it is possible to insert a block to avoid accidental scrolling of the tracks when you hover the mouse located in the indicated area. Thanking you in advance for your kind attention, I wish you good work and a good evening.

1 Like

In my opinion, tracks above the divider should just take the space they need based on the tracks’ heights. Basically “stick” them to the top.

Divider bar between top and main tracks could still be shown and a click would collapse the top tracks.

We could go even further and add the same to the bottom.
I’d use it for dialog (top), music (main) and music references (bottom).

1 Like

I don’t think that would work for me. I keep a ton of tracks in the Upper Zone of the Project Window “hidden” by the dividing line, only showing a few.

Fair enough, both valid use cases. :slightly_smiling_face:

This would be nice. I too hate accidentally scrolling the top zone. I wish it was tighter and didn’t leave so much space at the bottom of it.

Yes, there are quite a few threads about this, some dating many years back!

Having pin-able tracks (as many as you want, and all scalable verically) on the very top would be a significant workflow improvement for Cubase, and would be great because you could still also use the Divider Track as it is now if you so desired.

1 Like