I managed to encounter a strange issue immediately in a new project. Here is an easily reproducible situation to investigate for oneself — I’m curious if people run into the same issue I did.
- Make a new project, add a Section Player, and assign Clarinet in A to them
- Create a key signature of concert D Major
- Create a simple two-part divisi
- Presuming your score is set to Concert Pitch, enter a concert D into both upper and lower divisi
- Change to Transposed Pitch for the layout
Now, why does the lower divisi have a natural next to it, and why does it default to F# (concert D#) if you try and remove it (especially in the context of concert D major)? I recall years ago understanding that because divisi can appear and disappear that accidentals can sometimes get weird, but this is right at the beginning of the piece.