.dll missing after Cubase 9 install! (Windows 7)

Hi all!

So, after I installed update from cubase 8 to cubase 9 - e-licencer didn’t work. It kept missing this file api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll in order to work.

Yes, I know it is redistrubutable C+++… I installed bunch of those, I did windows update and everything else that you can find on google as a solution. It didn’t work until I uninstalled Cubase 9 update and installed those C+++ 2015 files again. E-licencer then worked, I managed to input the serial number and all. Then I installed cubase 9 again, and now e-licencer doesn’t work again, but also bunch of other applications that I’m trying to use or install… I keep getting that message about missing api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll

So, it is connected with Cubase 9… probably pushing “me” to switch to Windows 10 I guess.

Did any of you had this problem? How did you fix it?

Thank you!

I had exactly that problem - I got an online program that registered dlls for me and after re registering a bunch of the I got it fixed…

Same for me - Win7. I can’t update so I’m looking for a fix. Anyone?

Hello,

please, see here: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/115000036790-eLicenser-Control-Center-on-Windows-7-fails-to-start

Note: it is necessary to install both x86 and x64 versions of the Redistributable.

Thank you, Fabio.