DMK25 pro won't unlock cubasis

I’m unable to unlock cubasis le3 (and 2) on my iPad air (iOS 16) using the Donner dmk25 pro.
When I connect it nothing happens, although in trial mode it is sending Midi information.
Has anyone experienced this and if so what was the solution?
Currently I suspect the cable I’m using (even though it’s successfully sending Midi data).
But could it be a firmware issue with the keyboard? Or the iOS?
Any help gratefully received.
Peter

Hi @phewitt5d,

Thanks for your message and a warm welcome to the Cubasis forum!

All it takes to unlock Cubasis LE 3 from demo mode is to connect your hardware to your iPhone or iPad. I’d suggest to get in touch with Donner to learn how to properly connect the DMK 2 Pro to your iOS device.

Please keep me updated.

Best,
Lars

I have tried connecting the hardware to my ipad in various orders and using different cables, it remains stuck in trial mode.
I just discovered that if I go into settings and look at the Mackie ports the dmk25 pro shows up, so cubasis knows what is connected to it, however it remains in trial mode
I’ve communicated with support at Donner who have been responsive, but ultimately not that helpful.
All the best,
Peter

Hi @phewitt5d,

I’ve shared your topic with our friends @DONNER.
Unfortunately I’m unable to give it a repro myself, since I’m not equipped with the DMK 25 Pro myself.

Best,
Lars

Thank you!
I’m still wondering if it could be a cable issue - I haven’t found a usbc to lightning cable that will power the dmk25, so I’ve had to use an adaptor with the provided usbc to usb cable.
However the fact cubasis sees the keyboard and clearly knows what it is makes me wonder if there might be a bug somewhere either in cubasis or in the dmk firmware.
It would be great if there is anyone who can confirm that it works.
Peter

Hi @phewitt5d,

Please take a look at my private message, to further exchange about the topic.

Thanks,
Lars

I’m experiencing the same issues. Did you get this to work? Cubasis 2/3 and an iPad Pro 12.9" connect via USB-C. Would love to get this to work.

No. I’m afraid not and it’s pretty infuriating, given that I bought it specifically to unlock the software.

Donner support are responsive, but ultimately not that helpful, from the repetitiveness and inaccuracy of their messages, I suspect they might be bots.I

Perhaps try contacting them and see if you have better luck than me.

Hi @aobjects,

Please get in touch with DONNER regarding your issue and keep me updated.

Thanks,
Lars