Do guests appear as offline?

I am wondering when i am in stealth mode, do I still show as guest since it seems they are always very busy poking about the forum.

Do you mean Hidden or just not loged in?

https://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewonline.php?sg=1

I’m well aware of the “who is online” page!

What do you mean by “stealth mode”? Hidden or not logged in?

Obviously if you are hidden then you are not a guest (you should know all about that :laughing: )

If you haven’t logged in, then you are a guest and not hidden!

I bet half the guests aren’t even human.

That’s what I mean, there seems a minion guests (unwanted or not) that are plaguing the forum.

Are you a Bot or a Brains? :laughing:

That’s my concern, that the forum will be overrun with bots/droids to the point that even those claiming to be human are in fact not.

Got news for you. You’re asking a computer? The answer you get is what it wants you to see. :mrgreen: :smiling_imp:

I think at the bottom there are Registered users listed, the number of guests, and then the number of hidden. Don’t know why you would be listed as a guest.

I have not seen a guest respond to a topic but I most certainly have witnessed them reading topics in what seems the thousands.

What I don’t get though is how can there be guests in the lounge when this is meant to be a restricted area?

Maybe they’re there just to help you with your post count :laughing: !

Mauri.

I believe that when the forum started it was 100 posts to become a member, then 150 and now 200!

It’s getting harder to become a member in short order, but a good place to start maybe “welcome”

For ‘some’ it should be 10.000.000 or so :smiling_imp: .

Mauri.

Almost there Mauri, then only 100 or so and I’ll be as credible as you.

To me, my ‘credibility’ here means sweet F.A. I got my hands full closer to home… :wink: .

Cheers mate,

Mauri.

Yes it’s a pity there aren’t award ceremonies at each stage of accomplishment, say at 300 (where you are) you become for example “regular contributor” and at 500 you become “dedicated poster”.

I don’t know that I can actually get to 1000 and achieve seniority because when the update comes I might turn to the dark side and unleash my wrath on all those who refuse to reformat their systems.