Do i have halion 3 or not?

I upgraded to 9.5 via download assistant. Installed the cubase and i wonder what new vst’s in there and i didn’t see any. I looked into website and i saw Halion Sonic SE3 flux synth was missing on my system. I went back to download assistant, i didn’t know which one i am entitled to download because i am sure i can’t download Nuendo, Wavelab, Dorico… isn’t it? Am i allowed to download Halion Sonic 3?

What did you advertise on the 9.5 page? It says “HALion Sonic SE 3 feat. FLUX wavetable synth” how do i get that?
I downloaded 27 gb halion 3 unknowingly if i am allowed to do that or not and transferred to my nas. From there i coun’t install end up with some read error. I am telling you all these on purpose, because you don’t explain so i struggle. Do i have right to download Halion 3 or not?

Hi there

There is a sticky about “possible no Flux” towards the top of this forum, I had the same problem and it solved it immediately

Best Regards, Dave

No, unless you have bought Halion Sonic 3, Halion 6 or a suite containing them (Absolute for example) you do not have a license for Halion 3 itself.

Cubase 9.5 comes with Halion 3 SE which is a stripped down version of Halion 3.

Halion 3 SE will show in your VST Instruments list as Halion Sonic SE.

Which version of Cubase do you have (Elements/Artist/Pro)?

AND see Dave’s very helpful reply above! (I knew I’d seen it somewhere…going blind I am).

Don’t confuse Halion, Halion Sonic, and Halion Sonic SE. Three different versions.

I was also confused on this. And when i try to use sonic se there is no sounds in it. I can open up sonic se but no sound is found there. Is there a way to find them on my hdd and “help the software” to find it?

Please reinstall Cubase using the full installer found in your MySteinberg account.

I think i messed up everything. I was uninstalling cubase for the full installation as suggested above, i realized i am having cubase 8.5 and 9 and 9.5 so i uninstalled as much as i see anything with steinberg for the fresh start. Now i lost many of my owned vst’s because dll’s has gone c:/program files/steinberg/vstplug-in and beyond that i still don’t see flux.
I’ve watched youtube video find the missing flux preset from installer directory carry to the user/yourname/roaming etc… it was already there. So much ckicks to solve these dll issue now. What a day

All you have to do to have access to Flux is install the latest Cubase update.
https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads/cubase_pro_95.html

Flux is only available in Cubase Artist and Cubase Pro. You’ll be able to find it easily by running Halion Sonic SE and clicking here:

DON’T DELETE THE STEINBERG FOLDERS MANUALLY UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU’RE DOING. Use Windows’ “Programs and Features” to uninstall Cubase if needed.

Full installation start with checking if have any update, i already confirm download and install the latest version. I will check once i get home

Yes confirm Cubase pro 9.5.21 built 3 (64 bit) already installed

Reinstall the content and SE3 fixed