Do I need a Direct Box for UR44

Hello all,
I new to this forum. I just purchased a ur44. Do I need a direct box if I use a guitar or bass on inputs 3,4,5 or 6 ? I know input 1 and 2 offer hi-z.
Reason for asking, is I’m using inputs 1,2 and 3 for microphones and 4,5 and 6 for guitars.

5&6 are line level only, so one would assume yes, you would need two DI’s

Thank you Northwood, I wasn’t sure if the -10 and +4 in settings had something to do with that or not.

Thats more about connecting consumer grade vs pro equipment… like a CD player vs a mixer for example.

On a budget, the Palmer PAN 04 is a decent two channel passive DI box, or the larger four channel cousin the Palmer PAN 03 (don’t ask about the weird model names - me neither!) Both are excellent at the price (£70/£135), there is also an active version of the four channel 03 (!?) which really is very,very good at the price, but you may as well put the extra cash towards your next interface coz the passive boxes really are good enough to do the job without making excuses or worrying about sound.

That said, if you’re going to be needing them regularly, the active boxes tend to be less fussy about what’s plugged into them. Not that the passive Palmers have a bad rep for unwanted colour.