Do I need to set the bit depth in control panel of Win7?

Greeting guys and gals!

I’m running Cubase 7.5.30 with a PreSonus Audiobox 22VSL. My Cubase is set to record in 32bit-float/44.1Khz.

So, do I also need to set the bit depth and sample rate to 24bit/44.1Khz in the control panel of Win7? (Control panel–>Sounds–>Audiobox 22VSL–>Properties–>Sample Rate and bit depth). Or Cubase just takes over and the windows setting doesn’t matter?

Thanks for your time!

WIndows audio and Cubase ASIO are independent of each other. No need to change those settings.

Thanks Grim!
I let windows use the interface as default device, in the control panel–>sounds–>recording, there is sample rate and bit depth settings , I was confused. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Guess I just leave the windows setting at 16bit then. Thanks!

I suggest using the interface ONLY for DAW-related tasks, and let Windows use the onboard sound device for its defaults.

That way, the OS:
a) can be silenced by leaving its onboard-driven devices powered off when using the DAW
b) won’t be tempted to use the interface’s IO at inopportune times, like trying to tell you something that it thinks is important to warn you about when you are in the middle of recording
c) won’t take control of the interface’s settings when a non-DAW program decides it wants something different from what you have set!

That’s good advise, sir! Thanks! :smiley: