Do I Still Need Previous Versions of SpectraLayers if I have SL 10?

Hi all, this may be a stupid question, but I am sometimes known to be an idiot. haha I am trying to clean up my hard drive to create more space. I have SpectraLayers 7, 8, 9, and 10 in my applications. Can I safely uninstall those earlier versions without negatively affecting SL 10?? Would there be any reason to keep any of the older versions?

Don’t know if it matters, but I run Cubase 13 Pro on a Mac running Monterey OS.

Thanks!!

Yes you can safely uninstall all previous versions!

Thanks, Robin! As I go through some threads, I’m seeing that some people apparently went back to SL 8 for some additional functionality over 10. That doesn’t sound right, so any truth to that?

If you have a Pro 10 license, there’s nothing than Pro 8 can do more.

I find the other version have unmix algorithm’s that are slightly different. Sometimes useful to use the other versions to see if you get a better result. It would be nice to be able to use different training sets and have some parameter knobs to tweak.

That was down to a licensing quirk.

If you had an unexpired 25 hour All Applications licence on a USB eLicenser, you could use SpectraLayers Pro 8 (or 7) even if you only had a licence for SpectraLayers One (bundled with higher editions of Cubase and Nuendo) or SpectraLayers Elements. This ability to run SpectraLayers Pro does not work with version 9 onwards, which uses Steinberg Licensing.

As @Robin_Lobel says, using an older version is not advantageous if you have a SpectraLayers Pro licence.