Do not re-save unmodified projects

Hi Lars,

Upon opening any project, its modified date gets updated and the project moves to the top in the Media browser. For this reason, I shy away from opening old projects even when I need to.

LumaFusion works precisely and saving only when modified - we could open a project and close it without affecting its modified date. This implementation is the best of both worlds and a good balance compared to apps that save on demand and Cubasis where it gets saved on every tap.

Please do not re-save the current project until it is modified. Even if it is modified, if we undo the changes (essentially making it unchanged) before closing Cubasis or opening another project, it should not affect the modified date.

I have a lot of other suggestions on Cubasis I’ll be making very soon.

Thanks,
Shekar

Hi Powerobject,

Please do not re-save the current project until it is modified. Even if it is modified, if we undo the changes (essentially making it unchanged)
before closing Cubasis or opening another project, it should not affect the modified date.

It’s an known issue and on our feature request list for the future.

Please read the comment from lars under this link to your issue :

…we are working on an improved file and plug-in handling system, that will further improve overall stability in the future. Please note that these changes require high development and quality assurance efforts. At this moment we’re unable to give you an estimate, when these changes can be made available.

best
Jan

+1 on getting this fixed ASAP, I’m always digging though old projects just to listen to them and decide what to work on next, I typically don’t know what they are as I give song ideas random names. Please don’t update the Modified Date on projects that are not modified in any way.

Also, I’d really like to see project size in MB on the Media Projects list
…and the ability to create Templates
…and the ability to group projects into folders

Also, I’d really like to see project size in MB on the Media Projects list
…and the ability to create Templates
…and the ability to group projects into folders

Hi 642carl,

Both topics are on our list for a bigger update in the future…

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars,
Did i mention how much I love Cubasis, I know your team is always working on making it even better.

What I’d really like to see in the project list is:

• Project size in MB
  • Created Date
  • Last Modified Date

Being able to see both the original Created Date and the Last Modified date would make it easier to review and find projects…
cheers,
642Carl