Do You Feel EVERYONE Should Buy/Use Cubase 7?

Maybe she is using Pro-tools!

:laughing: :laughing:

NO!
There are already more than enough people trying to use it who really shouldn’t be.

thanks. every day i learn something new in this forums regarding cubase :wink:

OK, a serious response here… this time :wink: Yes, DAW software in ‘general’ is a great writing tool…that’s all I use it for…to create songs for my own pleasure when I have the time & feel up to it.

Doesn’t every DAW user record & mix? But I guess you mean, using VSTi’s, adding FX’s, creating midi tracks, and using all the OTHER various tools available, etc, etc, etc…of course even I do more than record audio tracks & mix them…which any DAW can do.

Personally, I’m not sure I NEED the current Cubase 7 and all of it’s nifty features…not currently anyway. But what comes to mind that I’ve been reading up on it, as far a toys in newer versions, is Vari-Audio, and Chord Tracks. Anything ELSE I’ve read about it doesn’t really intrigue me. So, I’m not waiting, standing by and chomping at the bit for Steinbergs next innovation…although, I’m not totally oblivious to Steinbergs great innovations throughout the years. I am somewhat interested in what the future holds of course. As for “getting the job done” ANY Cubase version should do…when VST 5 was their flag ship, people got the job done, when The Beatles recorded on tape, they got the job done. But sure, as things progress, the job get’s easier.

As far as the “collector” from “warez sites” ok, re-reading what I didn’t grasp originally…sure…more busy collecting than actually using what’s collected, while collecting more. Actual buyers collecting far less, not buying indiscriminately.

I’ve been guilty AND charged of such things :smiley:

Hi SYNC,

The Innovations I am talking about are things like Batch Export and Chord Editing, those things were the reason I did not opt for Artist or Essentials.

Not being musically trained from birth, I need to know which chords I am using in the context of a part that I am writing and I know the feature exists on the lower versions of Cubase but Batch Exporting is a must, as I upload my work as stems to the internet (would be great if SB could offer FTP upload).

I think the best way to approach the product cycle is to be more supportive rather than derogatory because in the end if you are a serious composer, engineer, producer or whatever you will always use the tools that work most efficiently on a given platform and it’s the OS developers that in large part determine what will work and what will not.

The time will come of course, when we don’t even install software on our computers and all settings are stored on the net. A small stub application will run and the files will be pulled from elsewhere and then set into orbit above the cloud.

If YOU, need Cubase 7, YOU need it. Not everyone.

Some DAW-users get by fine with Cubase 6.5 and/or Nuendo 5.5 (I know I do - even though I own C7.5).

Some DAW-users even wants/needs features Cubase don’t have. What is the smartest thing to do then?

Some DAW-users use many different DAW’s, for different jobs or for being compatible with other studios and producers. Ok?

Some DAW-users don’t give a poop about Cubase and this forum. Do they get their jobs done? Probably.

@sycophant - How did you get anything done prior to the Chord Track feature?

PS. It’s a difference between being a Fan and a Fanatic.

I don’t use the Chord Track.

Sorry. I misread an earlier post :blush:

I think it’s up to the workflow of the user, daws should be less challenging to figure out from a technical standpoint so the creative process is more fun and intuitive. Cubase does this job very effectively. But always question how improvements can occur.

@ sycophant - Thanks for that honest reply. Yeah, there are actually very few things in even the newest Cubase versions that entice me in some way, though currently I don’t feel that it’s enough to make me necessarily want to run out and invest…tempting none the less. I’m not totally immune to things that are ‘shiny & new’ or what they call GAS :smiley:

What Trance say’s about “Workflow” is the key, no matter what version you’re used to using. Some new features of course no doubt make that work flow better than a previous version. But I’m guess that many of the really important/substantial things that have made workflow better have already been implemented long ago…not that there’s not any room for improvement of course.

Take the thing…what’s it called? “Chord Track” (something like that) where it shows you chords at the top of your (I think) midi track, allowing you to experiment with different chord variations, aiding you in progressions that you may not have thought of, just tools to help. This feature sounds really interesting to me…although, yesterday I was able to spend time on making music …I was thinking of this ‘chord track’ thing while working on a midi track with a guitar VSTi & trying out different chords by ‘manually’ altering my notes within the chord. I tried several voicings… some attempts were off and not even in the right key! But really, working with midi and experimenting with chord variations is what I’m pretty used to doing, so the ‘chord track’ isn’t an absolute MUST have. Never having the opportunity to try it, I obviously don’t know what it really could do for my ‘work flow’.

And really, when I talk about my OWN ‘work flow’ … being writing & recording songs are a hobby, it’s not crucial.

Perhaps you could download a trial of Cubase Elements 7 and see for yourself.

For myself at least the Chord Editing feature is most helpful to me, when you talk about experimenting with chords it’s the way to go because it allows you to perform sub-conscious calculations, even if you have no idea of what the signs actually mean whereas the Chord Track provides ideas and could be useful as a starting point.

I wouldn’t think that the Cubase 7 trial version, and especially the full retail version would work on my older Win XP 32 bit DAW. I don’t have the time now, nor funds , but in the future I plan to do a complete new & up to date DAW build. When I get around to that, I’ll want a current Cubase version to run it on. It may even be at Cubase 8 by then. I see Cubase 7 on sale for like $399 full-retail…a little tempting, but again, I don’t have a proper machine to run it on… another obstacle. Ah, but I can certainly read up on things :ugeek:

i was running 6.5 on xp 32 bit with the 3 gig boot ini switch with no problem it ran great ,i then ran it on windows 7 32 bit home edition which was not as smooth quite a few crashes and wot not ,i am now since last week running windows 7 ultimate 64 bit and running cubase 6.5 in 64 bit ,it is going great so far ,much more juice in the tank. steinberg just dont support xp anymore ,so if anything goes wrong you cant go crying to them , in april of this year apparently, a quarter of the worlds computer using population still used xp.

I have an old business class laptop running XP 32 and am waiting for companies like google and AVG to stop supporting it.

That way I will know when support is “officially” over.

Since then I’ve moved onto Windows 8 on a desktop, it has factory restore for non-OEM motherboards and I’ve never looked back.

2 posts really?

I’m not thinking about Zappaterro, but I think there are unfortunately a lot of members who appear to re-invent themselves…some on a continual basis.

I think everyone should buy/use Cubase 7 just as much as I think everyone should buy/drive a Porsche 911. The world would be a better place.

The only thing that I find unfortunate is that people can be judged by postcount or percieved rank, not on the content of their posts.

This is of course a members only forum, if there is a issue I’m sure staff will deal with it in an impartial manner.

And some are clowns without a stage :laughing:

Really? Everyone?

I don’t see how that can possibly work. There aren’t nearly enough mechanics in the world to keep that many Porsche’s running long enough for steelworkers to forge the steel that they’re made of, rubber tree growers and tire makers to manufacture tires, to keep petroleum drillers/transporters/refiners on the job, food growers and distributors so everyone can continue to eat, water and sewer workers, and especially telephone workers (so millions of folks can call their employers to report car trouble), nor any of the other thousands of nits-and-bits that go into making a Porsche. Nope, I just don’t think it’ll work. :wink: :wink: :wink:

‘Everyone’ is so over rated :smiley: And my own meaning of ‘everyone’ in my thread title was of course meant to be limited to people who use Cubase … if you want to be PICKY! :wink:

Anyway, I didn’t realize Cubase 7 would even run at all on an XP system. Not that I would likely bother doing that. The primary reason that tempts me at all to upgrade to a modern system, is to be able to use ‘more ram’…that means Win 64 bit platform…this is much more tempting than Cubase 7. But for the time being, as much as I have time for my music hobby, using 2 XP machines together gives me the resources I currently need.