Docking and Flyout windows uterly confusing

I’ve been poking around with the docking and flyout windows and now I’ve gotten everything all screwed up and I cannot get back. Mastering Section is now a flyout window and I can’t get it to stay visible on the screen. Having a devil of a time. I think I will like this but there is NO DOCUMENTATION on these windows and how they work. When I click to “Dock Elsewhere”, I can’t put the window where I want it - hence how the Mastering Section is now a flyout.

I have to be missing some key element to understanding these windows - which I believe will be very powerful for me if I can ever figure them out.

Primary question is how can I reset the WL display to the factory default and start again? I tried reinstalling, uninstalling and reinstalling and I got my display back that is broken.

In trouble here! Help Please!

Primary question is how can I reset the WL display to the factory default and start again?

See:

Look at these videos:
New user interface
Further Enhancements (among other enhancements)

There is a tutorial in the “Further Enhancements” video starting around 1:08

I shouild have been clearer. I am using WL Elements 9. Trying to get a feel for the new UI before I plunge to WL Pro 9.
How do you convert a floating or dynamic tool window into a staticly located window in Elements 9?

In WLE9, assuming the Master Section is now floating, and you want to put it back to default (as there are no Workspaces in Elements), then click the Dock Tab Group Elsewhere, at which point you’ll see two yellow arrows in the File area – click the right-hand one.

Doesn’t work. Master section is floating. I select Dock Tab Group Elsewhere and all I get are PINK boxes - two upper left, one upper right and one lower left. No yellow arrows anywhere at all. What am I missing?

How big is your screen (in pixels)?
You can reset the layout by erasing this file (on Windows)
C:\Users[YourName]\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\WaveLab Pro 9\Presets\WindowLayout4.last

Hi PG, my screen is 29’’ and the bottom doesn’t appear completely…

Hi PG, my screen is 29’’ and the bottom doesn’t appear completely.

What do you mean with “doesn’t appear completely” ?

I notice this on my laptops (13" MacBook Pro retina and Asus 10.1") but not on my iMac with larger screen. Regardless of how I leave WaveLab before quitting, the bottom of the screen is “out of bounds” and I have to resize to get it to normal.

there is NO DOCUMENTATION on these windows

In the WaveLab Elements PDF manual, look at pages 39/40
In the WaveLab Pro PDF manual, look at pages 55/56