Documentation of features?

1. Well I just found another feature of Loopmash 2, by accident…
    I’ve read the manuals, but nowhere did I come across the
    fact that LoopMash has separate outputs.

Please point me to the page, in any of the various pdfs, where it talks about the outputs.
This would have saved me tons of time, over the past few weeks, if I had only known about it.
Maybe I’m blind and I just didn’t see it?

1. Track colors in the project window and the mixer window…
    You can change the tracks color buy “control clicking” in the upper left corner
    of the tracks in the project window. In the mixer window it is “Alt clicking”
    in the right hand side of the track name window. Why not use
    Control or Alt for both? Little things like this make Nuendo seem
    confusing and its hard to remember when to use Alt and when to use Control!

2. The LFOs in Prologue don’t seem to sync to the host proper.
    In “midi” mode, they are in sync but I want to be able to sync to host,
    AND trigger the LFO cycle start at the same time. Is this possible?
    I guess it would be a combo of the Midi setting and the Key setting? Am I missing something?

Thanks

1. If you open any VST Instrument in the VST Instrument (F11) window, and you can see the “right arrow from the box” icon (named “Activate outputs)”, you can click on it, and choose all outputs, if the instrument can do this. Try to check Operation Manual. This is in the VST Instrument channels chapter.

2. I think, this is you own settings, in the Modifiers. Yes, this is default, but you can change it.

1. If you open any VST Instrument in the VST Instrument (F11) window, and you can see the “right arrow from the box” icon (named “Activate outputs)”, you can click on it, and choose all outputs, if the instrument can do this. Try to check Operation Manual. This is in the VST Instrument channels chapter

I know about the instrument rack and how to access multiple outputs.
My point is, every other vst that has multiple outs is documented in the pdfs.
Nothing is mentioned about loopmash, so I assumed, (I know)
that it didn’t have multiple outs. I never even loaded it into the instrument rack
because I figured there was no benefit. None of the videos mention it either.

1. I think, this is you own settings, in the Modifiers. Yes, this is default, but you can change it.

This is good to hear…Back to the preferences and searching.
Thanks for your input.

I love the tools in the NEK package but documentation of basic features, and not so basic features is crucial.
The Nek upgrade has already paid for itself and quite a bit more. I just feel like I could be missing more great features/tricks/shortcuts.

Like this:
Switching the position of the locators. If you position the right locator before the left locator you can skip the section enclosed by the locators. Cycle must be engaged. This is handy for auditioning edits before you make them. Wanna hear the song without that bridge?
Place the reversed locators (right locator at the beginning, left locator at the end of the bridge), engage cycle and playback from a point before the bridge hits. It will skip over the bridge.

Maybe we should start a user tips and tricks thread. Everyone could just add their little nuggets of info there.

I understand what you mean.

Main benefit of using VST Instrument (Rack) is, you can use multi-timbral (more MIDI channels), and you can use more outputs (if the instrument can do this). In my settings I’m not using Instrument tracks at all. VST Instrument only. Different benefit is very fast switching among different VST instruments.