Documentation

I learned more about notation and best practice for score layout from the Sibelius manual than I did studying a Bachelor of Music!

I too look forward to the Dorico manual :slight_smile:

Itā€™s supposed to be out by the end of the month, right?

Per Daniel on Dec 15,

Yes, we are still planning to publish a big chunk of documentation before Christmas, probably around the middle of next week.

With a bit of luck, a big revision will be published before the end of the day tomorrow. Our writer, Lillie, is still working through some revisions that she wants to be included in this first substantial chunk.

Lots of props to Lillie!
Thank you.

Hmmm, I think I sense the possibility of an all-nighter in the offingā€¦

Hang in there, Lillie!

Hmm, Iā€™m sensing the possibility of an all-nighter.

Hang in there, Lillie!

A new PDF version of the Dorico Operation Manual is now available..

Many thanks! Wow, 732 pagesā€¦ But we asked for it!

A Happy Christmas to all at Dorico!

David

Wow indeed! My congratulations to Lillie. Awesome job.

Fantastic Christmas pressie!!

Looking forward to delving into this!

Thanks for getting this out to us!

Looks very good. Have a happy festive, youā€™ve all deserved some days off!

Hoo yah! Thanks Daniel and team. Merry Christmas indeed. :slight_smile:

+1 to all of the above. Many thanks and Merry Christmas to the Dorico team.

Lovely manualā€¦ just one teeny tiny thingā€¦
Where the manual says "you can ā€¦ by pressing the respective key commandā€™, please can we just have the key commands, rather than having to find them elsewhere?

You will find that the key commands are listed throughout the newly-written ā€˜Notation Referenceā€™ chapters, but not consistently earlier in the documentation: when we go back to revise the earlier material, we will provide key commands more consistently there too.

Great, thank you.

Thank you so much, Daniel and team.

Hey, thanks a lot for the pdf documentation ā€¦ As notation is so complex one needs it.
(Btw. scrolling throug the pdf one can see what lot of stuff Dorico already can do! Impressing!!)