if you had paid attention you would’ve followed these steps:
- Pay money
- Click on ‘download your software now’.
- You get prompted to download the latest version of ‘Steinberg Download Assistant’ and login with your Steinberg ID.
- Enter the download code in the top left corner.
- A popup appears with your ‘Activation code’ and asks you to activate software.
- press ‘yes’ and the elicenser appears with the code filled in.
- Activate, download the software and install
The process is actually not that complicated. But I see you got stuck on ‘the old process’ like many people. Trying to enter this download code as an activation code?
But I see this a lot. People think they know how processes should go because that’s how it worked the last time they did something similar like this. So they don’t bother to read or follow the current instructions presented to them. They assume a code with digits must be an activation code. Because it always worked like this?
That’s the reason why you ended up doing this:
- Pay money.
- Open eLicenser Control Center to enter activation code.
- Code is too short.
- Software is too old.
- URL doesn’t work : https://r.steinberg.net/goto/?id=1193&lang=EN&plc=HM
- eLicenser Control Center is current version.
I agree that Steinberg could give us more information that their process for downloading and activating software has drastically changed! On the other hand, if you just follow the steps as they are presented to you it’s really not that complicated.