Does an opinion matter without experience?

@ sycophant - Surely with all that hardware, there’s one or more free copies of Cubase LE OEM laying around, which also includes VST System Link to start experimenting with :smiley: If you decide VST System Link works great for you, but you want/need more capabilities than what the freebee does, you can then use/buy a capable older/newer full version :bulb:

Another free/cheap option with any capable DAW software…is simple audio midi networking between each computers audio/midi interfaces…all it takes is ONE midi cable out of Master machine into Slave, and ONE stereo audio connection out of Slave back into Master…and a whole lot of routing.

With the VST System link, as you are obviously aware, older software can be used as the only compatibility issue (if any) is with the digital links between workstations and this way you can use older plugins.

I don’t know how Cubase Essentials works in terms of eLc, e.g. if you can need to re-install your OS but for under $100 it may just be a solution

Bla bla blah :confused: :unamused: :ugeek:

I think this deservers an extra blah :smiling_imp: !

I could start another post “Can conjecture form the basis of a factual discussion or are the facts merely opinions”?