Does Cubase 11 work any better with Windows 11?

Hi there,

I am yet to take the plunge and switch to Windows 11.

I wanted to ask my fellow Cubase users if there are any benefits to getting Windows 11 in connection to Cubase 11.

I have the usual Cubase problems, running fine and on the 11th hour all goes to hell for no reason what-so-ever,

I was wondering if people here have found their problems gone away with Windows 11??

Thanks so much!

No difference whatsoever here. Though I have not experienced

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know Steve!

No difference here either

Much appreciated, thanks for letting me know!

Steve thanks for sharing your knowledge since day one!
Did you do a reinstall of Cubase after updating to windows 11?

1 Like

No, I didn’t

Have you updated to Windows 11? If so how is it working with CB 11 or 12?

I have and Cubase 12 works fine. No difference really. I did however do a clean install. I didn’t upgrade over windows 10. It’s much cleaner that way. I partitioned my drive and dual booted between win 10 and 11 until the win 11 drive was fully populated with all my plugins and working as I wanted it. I then removed the sin 10 partition.

Can you not install Windows 11 without having 10 first installed?

Cheers

As long as the computer once had win 10 then yes you can. I’ve done it twice now. I’ve also done a dual boot machine which to all intents and purposes is a computer without win 10

1 Like

Cheers!

Windows 11 and Cubase 13 - an explosive combination! (To paraphrase Capt. Kirk.)

Good explosive, or bad?

I’ve used Winn 11 but the removal of taskbar/start menu/Explorer functions made it too awkward to use. There was no discernable difference in the running of any of my programs. It did look better, though.
I went back to 10.
C13 has too many video glitches, often rendering the interface unresponsive.
I went back to C12.
Others have had no problems. C’est la vie. ymmv.

1 Like

Still terrified to upgrade to 11 and C12/13 :rofl:

Seems a lot of people here have had good experiences with both. I’m not one of them.
But I’m retired and have plenty of time to install and re-install stuff from scratch if it doesn’t work out. I also have Cubase 9.5 through to Cubase 13 installed…
If I were a Pro and my business depended on it I’d probably still be on Cubase 9 and Windows 7!

(For reference, Kirk, in Star Trek V, when served with baked beans and bourbon, described it as “an explosive combination”.)

1 Like

I hear you!! I used to work with C9 and W7 for many years, super stable…