Cubase 12 application was terminated unexpectedly

Ive, upgraded from pro11 to Cubase 12, Cubase 11 runs OK, 12 doesn’t open, I have all my licensing showing on the Dongle, the Soft E-licenser has nothing on it, I’m still waiting for Steinberg to get back to me, I have a ticket issued, but that doesn’t help a great deal,

Cubase 12 doesn’t use the eLicenser anymore, you need to start the Activation Manager, login using your Steinberg ID and activate your license.

You can find all required information here

Thanks for the response, 12 is activated according to the activation manager, Cubase loads, then I get, the application was terminated unexpectedly, I realise that all my 11 stuff requires the USB, where all the licenses are, but before I updated, the soft e-licenser held all my license, now completely empty, and still shows the two 10 digit serial numbers,

Hi, if I click OK at the first message activation terminated, at initialising content, It then goes on right up to initialising vst, I’m waiting for Steinberg to service the ticket they issued for this failure, I have the latest Licenser Control Centre, the latest UR22 mk11 driver, my only concern, the time for loading the free plug ins will expire before Steinberg clear this problem, I’m wondering if I should download but not install the free plugs

Hi,

Make sure HALion Sonic SE, Groove Agent SE (especially these 2) and all other plug-ins are up to date, please. These plug-ins were updated to use the new Steinberg Licensing system (Steinberg Activation Manager) too.

for me neither Halion Sonic SE or Groove Agent SE are shown up in there
only Cubase 12 ?

Hi,

Yea the screenshot, please.

This is My download assistant files, Cheers

Hi,

Could you double-check in the Studio > VST Plug-in Manager, you have HALion Sonic SE 5.5.10 and Groove Agent SE 5.1.11 installed, please?

Do you have the latest version of the Amped Elektra and LoFiPiano installed, please?

Hi,

What exactly do you mean by this? What exactly happens?

Hi Martin, Thanks for your assistance it’s much appreciated, Cubase 12 opens to the opening screen, at initialising settings, it crashes, so I can’t gain access to studio or VST manager. in Cubase pro11 I had Lofi piano Amped Electra Downloaded off Steinberg site, and installed I assumeI’m Not sure about Lofi Piano in 12

Hi,

OK, then this has nothing to do with the license, I guess.

Attach the crash/dmp file(s), please.

Cubase 12-2022-09-13-122251.ips (65.7 KB)
my Halion Sonic se/ Groove agent SE in pro11 are both at version 3.7.3

Hi,

The crash comes from Cubase 12, so you should update HALion Sonic SE and Groove Agent SE to the latest versions (which are part of Cubase 12 license), i.e. HALion Sonic SE 3.5.10 and Groove Agent SE 5.1.11, please.

This crash doesn’t come from any of the plug-in, it’s in Cubase. But I would strongly recommend to update the plug-ins.

Could you try in the Cubase Safe Start Mode [Disable preferences], please?

Reported to Steinberg. Thank you.

When I get back home Martin I’ll try out your suggestions, I’ll probably need guidance re starting Cubase in safe mode, thank you again for your help, I havn’t heard anything from Steinberg I suppose they have a considerably queries backlog.

Hi,

See the link, I sent above, please.

Cheers for that :+1::+1:

I see My Halion Sonic is at Version 3.5.10 and my groove Agent Se ia at Version 5.1.11 in the download assistant, I’m not sure how to update that in the assistant, would it mean updating Halion From Steinberg site? meanwhile Ill go through the safe mode option.

it crashes as before but checking off different preferences, threw up license issues which was to be expected, I did have to take out and re-insert the Dongle as it turned off, but after re-inserting running the licenser control centre it saw the Dongle and all licensing OK.

You already have the latest versions.