Does Cubase AI 7 Support Lanes?

I have Cubase AI 7. I don’t see the lanes icon on any track. Per instructions I found on the forums, I tried Right Click → Track Control Settings → Audio, but there is no option to show the lanes icon. Does Cubase AI 7 Support Lanes? (If not, what about Cubase Elements 7?) Thanks.

I installed Elements 7 (trial). It also has no ability to display lanes. I can only conclude that AI and Elements do not support lanes.

Hello Rickr,

The advanced comping lane feature is part of Cubase 7.5 full and Cubase Artist 7.5. Here is a .pdf of the full list of features between Elements 7, Cubase Artist 7.5 and 7.5 (Full)

http://www.steinberg.net/fileadmin/files/PRODUCTS/Cubase/Generation_7/Cubase_7.5/Downloads/C75-CA75-CE7_extensive_comparison_chart_-_2013_11_26.pdf

Thanks Joel. I had read that, but didn’t realize “advanced comping” meant lanes. (I’d really consider that part of comping period.)

Hi rickr - are you able to somehow do multiple takes in cycle mode using AI 7, even without lanes?

You will still be able to record multiple takes over the top of each other. You can select which take is to the front by selecting the event and hitting the down arrow that appears and selecting which take.

Thank you, Jeff!

If you are still reading - what is a good way to bring the multiple takes into Cubase 7.5.20 for use in the usual way with comping tools/lanes/etc.?

Thanks!

You will be able to open the AI project in Cubase 7.5.2 and then will have access to the lane and comping features for further editing.

Thank you

Great, thanks!