Does Cubase Pro 10 still require a Dongle?

I don’t mind online registration at all. I do mind programs that need an internet connection every time you start them up, but that is not the same as online registration for me. Online registration means I install, start up, register and after that it’s done. A set and forget kind of thing.

I’m 100% with you on subscription however. It would be extremely unfortunate if Steinberg decided to go that route.

So, I’m traveling away from my studio. My dongle is in a remote location thousands of miles away on my studio system. I have my laptop, and I’d like to make music with Cubase. But guess what? The coronavirus is here, and international snailmail is disabled. So, forgot about purchasing another copy of Cubase. I have two choices. Either to use an illegitimate copy of Cubase Pro, since there’s no way any dongle’s gonna arrive in the mail at this time. Or, use a different DAW that doesn’t have such draconian anti-piracy measures that alienate their own legitimate userbase. Guess which one I’m gonna choose…

Too bad Steinberg, you shot yourselves in the foot.

Bub-bye

Or download the trial of Elements which works with the Soft elicenser.