Does Dorico 4.1 support guitar dead notes playback?

Does Dorico 4.1 support guitar dead notes playback?

No, I don’t think so – it plays back ghost notes in parentheses at a lower volume/dynamic, but not dead notes as yet.

thanks for the answer

I hope it will be added soon because it’s a little frustrating for me. Often bass and guitar parts imply lots of dead notes

1 Like

If your VST supports dead notes, you can create an expression map entry that maps the playback technique to the VST keyswitch.

I tried that, but couldn’t get it to work, at least with the supplied panel switch, since that doesn’t seem to be connected to the available playback technique.

B.

I had dead noteheads working for me. Can send more info later when back at computer.

Please do! :relaxed:

Did you get a chance to look into how you achieved those pesky dead notes? :slight_smile:

B.

So sorry I forgot to come back to this.

There is a property under “Guitar Techniques” called “Dead note” which is what you’re looking for:

This enables the Playback Technique “muted” which works by default with the HSE Electric Guitar, and you can add to your own Expression Map, like I’ve done with my Shreddage 3 Hydra in the attached project:

Dead Note Test.dorico (2.8 MB)

Please let me know if this works for you and if you have other questions.

Cheers,
David

Reviving this old thread. Are we able to change the playback for dead notes in Dorico 5.0.20? It currently defaults to muted notes, but I want dead notes to trigger a different keyswitch.

No, at the present time you can’t change what playback technique is triggered for dead notes.