Does Halion 5 let me use Halion Sonic 2?

The presets are identical, however, the similarities end there. In HALion Sonic 2, it is more or less of a rompler, minus basic tweaks, you mostly can just play things as are. In HALion 5, one can open up the presets in their entirety and manipulate to your hearts content, you can also freely create your own presets from scratch. The GUI is modular, scalable and just so much fun to use. It looks daunting at first, but it is actually quite intuitive and very well laid out. HALion is BY FAR the best software I have outside of Cubase 7. In fact, HALion 5 has completely replaced all my other software and I use it solely for all my projects, while still being more productive than I previously was, with all my other samplers and synths. Hands down, HALion owns me now and I could never live without it.

Thanks a lot!! I greatly appreciate it!

Also note that you can run the old classic Hypersonic 2 with the Halion 5/Halionsonic 2 license! I just discovered this some time ago. It was a pleasant surprise. I can now sell my old Hypersonic 2 dongle since I don’t need it anymore.

Wow, this is news to me! Thanks for sharing!

I bought halion 5 upgrade from halion sonic 2. After I enter the activation code on elicenser, my HS 2 licens is gone. Then opened projects which use HS 2, and almost all instruments there ar gone. I have not installed halion 5 yet as the download is quite big. Will all my previous projects work fine without changing anything after I install halion 5? Why donot the upgrade process leave my HS 2 license alone? Anyone has the same problem, please kindly help. Thanks.

I read things all above. Lord, this is very confusing. From now on, I will be for Forced to use halion 5, as HS 2 vst will have far much less instruments than before I upgraded to Halion 5. This is no good.

Not quite right. You can run it. You can use HS2, but with far much less instruments. Basically, you cannot use HS2 the way you used to.

No less instruments here. What are you missing?

And, it isn’t confusing. H5 allows you to run HS2 on the same computer as part of the H5 license. That’s as straight forward as you can get.

Are you saying there are less instrument presets in HS2 with a HALion 5 license compared to if you had bought HS2 standalone?

Under the HALion 5 product page it states “Includes the full version of HALion Sonic 2”. :confused: