Does RIP work with exetrnal Midi instruments?

and if it does how to setup ?
i tried with external instrument setup in “F4” settings but with no luck, (i use Yamaha MOXF and Korg PA800 right now.)

Hi,

Render In Place is offline process. The export is not done in the real time. So it cannot work with external hardware synths.

Thanks for clarification…
Could be a good addition to have rip in real time for external midi instruments devices

Hi,

Render In Place is offline process. The export is not done in the real time. So it cannot work with external hardware synths.

I don’t have anything to check this with, but I’ve seen plenty of people on here say that they can RIP with an external instrument as long as it’s loaded as a track and not rack instrument.

is it possible to RIP midi tracks ?
what im trying to achieve is recording external synth (korg PA4X)
right now i can only RIP when having external instrument created,but only one channel of this synth…(cant assign regular midi tracks to this external instrument track !!)(its like the older cubase with one channel instrument track only)
what i want is, even though there is only one stereo pair of output coming to my sound card from my Hardware synth,
i do use it as multitimbral instrument with midi(up to 16 ch)… but seems i cant use the “external instrument” i created in cubase as multitimbral midi instrument…
so basically i want to RIP the midi events from the 16 midi channels i use with my external synth, but it will render only one track, which is the original external instrument track , but not regular midi tracks