Does RME have anything to do with Steinberg interfaces?

I don’t even think that it has to be used as stand alone.
I tweak everything from the windows mixer aplication for the UR826. I just have not selected the UR Asio Driver in Nuendo or Cubase.

Oh yeah, I wasn’t even thinking about using it’s software interface on it’s own to tweak it’s connections outside of the DAW :bulb: :bulb: :bulb: I was wondering if there would be an issue if it had to be powered from the computer, rather than it’s own power supply, but actually maybe not :bulb:

And now as an extension to, and for a really outlandish idea, just for the sake of if it, or if it would work or not…what if say, you used an old extra spare computer for the intended extra add-on interface(s), because you had no more slots in your main DAW - well as in a case of if the interface needed something like a PCI slot, to use just for tweaking the interface(s) I/O’s…then in a way, you’d then make them sort of like stand-alone devices…at least outside your DAW anyway, but interfaces connected via various I/O connections. Not that everyone would want to do such a thing, and probably would just use a different interface instead, but just food for thought here :bulb:

If I would do that I get exactly the things i DON’T want. Higher latency, no total Recall in the box.
Then I also could use an outboard Compressor, Reverb and Amp.
But when I have everything within the same DAW I have near zero latency and total recall for my monitoring chains.

I hear ya folk, but I don’t think I was being clear…the other machine idea in the above outlandish scenario was NOT to use a 2nd machine for using the machine, but just for the sake of ‘powering up’ & ‘making routing settings’ for the audio interface used as add-ones that were not designed to be used as stand-alone interfaces. And then just use them as you do with your interfaces & it’s digital connections. As I said, that was just wondering if it would work in the same basic way you do yours. Of course that’s cumbersome proposition.

All this is just expanding upon possibilities…which not all possibilities are the most useful, though they provide food for thought.

Ah, yesd it would work but would not make sense…

Right, I agree to not making the best of sense, and it’s so convoluted it’s almost absurd. It’s just how my mind works, tell me something new, and I go off into outer space with branching off on ideas. But it was intended as hypothetical. Your way is much more simple obviously, and now that I know such a thing is possible, I may do some experimenting :ugeek:

Thanks for the FAB idea guys :bulb: