Does SB ever do BlackFriday Sales?

Was going to get Halion 4… does anyone remember if last year if SB did a one day only Black Friday sale?
thanks
rsp

I don’t remember them doing a sale ever. They used to offer crossgrades, but I think they are long gone. Would be nice if there was a customer loyalty incentive to use more of their products.

thanks Tom.
rsp

What’s Black Friday?

DG

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Friday_(shopping)

Black Friday is the day following Thanksgiving Day in the United States, traditionally the beginning of the Christmas shopping season. On this day, many retailers open very early, often at 4 a.m., or earlier, and offer promotional sales to kick off the shopping season, similar to Boxing Day sales in many Commonwealth countries. Black Friday is not actually a holiday, but many employers give their employees the day off, increasing the number of potential shoppers. It has routinely been the busiest shopping day of the year since 2005,[1] although news reports, which at that time were inaccurate,[2] have described it as the busiest shopping day of the year for a much longer period of time.[3]

Ah, I see. I doubt that any non-US company would do that sort of sale, as Thanksgiving means nothing either. :wink:

DG

ok. but so you know a lot of non US internet companies do offer sales then. not saying SB should by that virtue, but them being german doesn’t necessarily rule them out.
rsp

I was not getting the BlackFriday thing as well - thanks, now I know. And whats the cyber monday?!

Well, I bought a couple of “always wanted that” plugins last and this year - 50% off is quite cool! But I am wondering why they are doing that. I would not do. Maybe 10% off or 20. But I am from Germany :wink: I can’t imagine Steinberg doing that as well ^^

Btw - it is somewhat annoying to see the waves Diamond Bundle for something about 1250 USD at BlackFriday-CyberWeekend/etc - around 1000 EUR, 5 years ago I paid around 3000 or 3500 EUR for it.

Btw - it is somewhat annoying to see the waves Diamond Bundle for something about 1250 USD at BlackFriday-CyberWeekend/etc - around 1000 EUR, 5 years ago I paid around 3000 or 3500 EUR for it.

Same here with Platinum, paid more than offered these days…
Hate Waves. Very much…

I didn’t buy any of the waves bundles so this is my view in general not specific to waves.
But I buy something most of the time when I need it, want it or think I can justify the price for the projects I do…if someone gets it cheaper a few years, months later it really doesn’t matter to me, by then it would have paid for itself in projects…

rsp