Does SB ever do BlackFriday Sales?

Was going to get Halion 4… does anyone remember if last year if SB did a one day only Black Friday sale?
thanks
rsp

I don’t remember them doing a sale ever. They used to offer crossgrades, but I think they are long gone. Would be nice if there was a customer loyalty incentive to use more of their products.

thanks Tom.
rsp

What’s Black Friday?

DG

Black Friday is the day following Thanksgiving Day in the United States, traditionally the beginning of the Christmas shopping season. On this day, many retailers open very early, often at 4 a.m., or earlier, and offer promotional sales to kick off the shopping season, similar to Boxing Day sales in many Commonwealth countries. Black Friday is not actually a holiday, but many employers give their employees the day off, increasing the number of potential shoppers. It has routinely been the busiest shopping day of the year since 2005,[1] although news reports, which at that time were inaccurate,[2] have described it as the busiest shopping day of the year for a much longer period of time.[3]

Ah, I see. I doubt that any non-US company would do that sort of sale, as Thanksgiving means nothing either. :wink:

DG

ok. but so you know a lot of non US internet companies do offer sales then. not saying SB should by that virtue, but them being german doesn’t necessarily rule them out.
rsp

I was not getting the BlackFriday thing as well - thanks, now I know. And whats the cyber monday?!

Well, I bought a couple of “always wanted that” plugins last and this year - 50% off is quite cool! But I am wondering why they are doing that. I would not do. Maybe 10% off or 20. But I am from Germany :wink: I can’t imagine Steinberg doing that as well ^^

Btw - it is somewhat annoying to see the waves Diamond Bundle for something about 1250 USD at BlackFriday-CyberWeekend/etc - around 1000 EUR, 5 years ago I paid around 3000 or 3500 EUR for it.

Btw - it is somewhat annoying to see the waves Diamond Bundle for something about 1250 USD at BlackFriday-CyberWeekend/etc - around 1000 EUR, 5 years ago I paid around 3000 or 3500 EUR for it.

Same here with Platinum, paid more than offered these days…
Hate Waves. Very much…

I didn’t buy any of the waves bundles so this is my view in general not specific to waves.
But I buy something most of the time when I need it, want it or think I can justify the price for the projects I do…if someone gets it cheaper a few years, months later it really doesn’t matter to me, by then it would have paid for itself in projects…

rsp