Does Steinberg CI1 work with Cubasis 3?

Hi! I have a Steinberg CI1 that I have used on Windows as well as Ubuntu for years. Now i wanted to try Cubasis, but my Android devices won’t find the CI1. It powers up, via the USB cable from my phone/tablet > CI1, but it can’t be found by Cubasis. Is the CI1 not compatible with Cubasis, or am I doing something wrong?

Hi @jonas.ahlman,

Thank you for your message and welcome to the Cubasis forum.

The Steinberg CI1 has been discontinued for quite a while. Unfortunately we are unable to provide you with further information regarding your request.

Does the device works with other Android apps supporting audio features?

Best wishes,
Lars

Hi!
Thanks for getting back to me!
Yes, it does work with other apps. I tried one called “n-Track Studio” (it was free and had over five million downloads) and it prompted at start up asking if I wanted to use the CI1 or Androids built in devices. It worked right away, no tweeking required.
Sad if I won’t be able to use my Steinberg device with Steinbergs own software. I hope there’s a way to solve this!
Kind regards,
Jonas

Hi @jonas.ahlman,

Thanks for your message.
Cubasis for Android uses Oboe, which might be the limiting factor here unfortunately.

Best wishes,
Lars

Hi again,
Ok! So i won’t be able to use my CI1 with Cubasis? Or might this change in the near future?
Thanks,
Jonas

Hi @jonas.ahlman,

Thanks for your message.

Unfortunately I have no further information available at this point. However, since the CI1 has been discontinued many years ago, Steinberg no longer supports the device.

Best wishes,
Lars

Hi again,
I understand. Thank you for taking your time to answer my questions!
Best wishes,
Jonas

Hi @jonas.ahlman,

Thank you for your feedback.
Alongside, please check your private messages.

Thanks
Lars