Does Steinberg know about this?

Hi,

I’m quite sure, the developers know. Why do you ask, please?

Becuase there are various “GUI redraw” issues with Cubase 10 and also people who are using multiple displayes with different resolutions reported issues with displaying Cubase 10 in the right way.
When I stumbled over this Microsoft document I wondered if Steinberg still uses the legacy method (“Win32”?) in their application to scale content on screens or if they already followed the Microsoft path?
Many things written there about issues with GUI especially with high DPI screens apply to Cubase 10 where it fails to correctly scale/redraw.

It’s unimaginable that any professional Windows developer could not be aware of High-DPI scaling issues, but it’s just not that simple to rewrite the entire GUI of a major application with a legacy going back decades. Many of Microsoft’s own current applications do not behave properly with a mix of displays of different resolutions. One could also criticize Microsoft for chopping and changing display APIs so often and not anticipating the advent of high resolutions, or that hardware developers would so quickly be able to provide such incredible displays at unbelievably low prices.

I’m having issues with the Cubase 10 Pro trial version. All fonts are blurry until I pass the mouse over it. I have three monitors, 2 are exact with same resolution, one smaller with another resolution. I’ve updated the video driver (Intel Graphics 4400 integrated on MB) and I’m up to date time all Win 10 updates. Hopefully this will be resolved because I really wanted to upgrade.

Does the trial include the 10.0.10 update? It specifically mentions:
The update addresses issues related to window handling, especially in context of using HiDPI-capable displays on Windows systems with multiple displays using different scaling settings in Windows.”

Yes trial does include the update however doesn’t fix my issue. My monitor is non HIDPI. None of these issues with C9 and Windows 10.

As a test, can you exclude the smaller monitor, and try with just the two which have identical resolutions? I am testing with 2 x FHD (1920x1080), also using Intel integrated graphics and the display of the menu fonts is sharp. In the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel, Display->General Settings, make sure the resolution is set to the native resolution of the monitors (with identical resolutions) and under Scaling, select “Maintain Aspect Ratio”. Does that help?

Removed odd monitor. Was always using native resolution for each. Still same behavior on both. Fonts are fuzzy until I hover mouse over offending font then it magically gets sharp. Not cool.

I remember seeing a similar report elsewhere on this forum … I’m using Intel HD 530, driver 25.20.100.6323 without issue. I have found lately that Intel graphics drivers have started be problematic, but that’s just my personal experience. Perhaps you could roll back to an earlier version? Beyond that, I think your only option is to log it with Steingberg support.

There is no earlier version of Cubase 10 that I can use. I am using trial and like I said Cubase 9.0 on same machine all the way back to 7.5 doesn’t have this problem so clearly introduced in Cubase 10. Thanks for your help.
Here’s a crude video showing the issue

Apologies, I meant an earlier version of the Intel HD Graphics drivers. If you go to Intel’s website here you may be able to find an older, stable version (don’t use the automatic updater). I get the feeling that Intel have recently started optimizing their graphics drviers for gamers, rather than for stability.

I think this phenomenon is new to Cubase 10 – I also have 9.5 and haven’t had this issue (but also don’t have this issue with C10). Your video gets the point across (and my display is not exhibiting that behaviour) but I think you might want to log a new issue in the “Issues” section of the forum in order for it to get attention.

If you haven’t used it already, the “Snipping Tool” in Windows 10 is great for this type of thing, and the latest version also has a delay function, so you can click for a snapshot, and then line it up (useful for right-click menus etc.).

(I wish we didn’t have to do all this, but someone’s got to beta-test … :unamused:)

I was using a graphics driver from last year and it did the same. I only upgraded to see if the latest and greatest fixed the issue. Pretty much at a dead end here.

I also tried every combination of the DPI overrides in the compatibility properties of Cubase10.exe. No Change there either.

I think this is probably a driver issue that would need to be raised with Steinberg support directly. The fact that C9 works and C10 doesn’t could point to the fact that a different Windows graphics API is being used.

I accidentally fixed the problem by disconnecting (via windows 10 display setup, not physically) monitors 2 and 3 and then activated them both again and extended the desktop. Stumbling onto that was like divine intervention/needle in a haystack hocus pocus.