Does WaveLab 11 Pro offer Beat-Matching Between Two Audio Tracks?

New forum member here, but I have used WaveLab in the past. I’m considering the WaveLab Pro 11 purchase but had one important question that stands out before I dedicate the purchase.

Does WL11 Pro feature beat-matching when two audio tracks are imported? Can this be done via Stems or anything else offered with WL11 Pro?

I read a little bit about Cubase 12 Pro, but I’d like to avoid spending another $600 at the moment for just “hitpoint” mixing options and prefer to stick with WaveLab if possible.

Appreciate any answers. Thanks.

1 Like

It seems like no one else is going to take this up…

What are you trying to accomplish?

I’m guessing DJ-style mashups or something like that? If so…I’m reasonably certain that you could do it with wavelab…but there are better (or at least more straightforward) options. Strictly speaking, you can do that in Audacity or any other DAW…it’s just much more of a PITA than something that’s actually designed with that in mind. It’s also possible that I’m missing something because I’ve never tried to use wavelab in that specific way.

Also, just as a side note, what else do you use wavelab for? (might affect follow-up comments/answers)

Thanks for the response.

Yeah, I would like to remaster some audio tracks which is one of the reasons I’m thinking of buying WaveLab, but the addition of a beat-matching (Mash-up, Temp-syncing) would be more convenient and preferred so I wouldn’t have to import/export tracks into another software program. Cubase has hitpoints, so I was hoping WaveLab would offer something similar.

However, if you have some other software alternatives, I’d certainly appreciate the ideas.

It kind of depends on what you man by “remaster”.

Wavelab is my favorite for actually mastering due to how it handles formats, resampling, metadata, etc… Whether that matters to you or not depends largely on how much you’re actually mastering vs. master bus processing, producing, remixing, or other tasks.

But…FWIW, I came into audio stuff largely through DJing. For mash-ups and edits, I always thought Ableton Live was the most straightforward. There’s still a lot to wrap your head around, but the way it warps and cuts audio is about as simple as it gets for DJ-ish things.

I’ve been hearing good things about Serato Studio. That’s pretty much exactly what it was designed for. But, I haven’t tried it. I always wound up preferring other things over Serato (all the way back to FS2 or Traktor Scratch over SSL), and I haven’t seen anything compelling enough to make me want to change. I also don’t really do that anymore. The big advantage of Serato Studio is that it incorporates their AI-based stems separation thing, which would be useful for edits/mash-ups/remixes. But, there’s also standalone software that does it. How well each one works is really hit or miss, and they’re all pretty computer-intensive.